Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chinese New Year Dinner

So I know I'm way behind but I intend on doing some major catching up this weekend. In a time saving strategy I will be opting for shorter blogs.

Our spring break fell over the Chinese New Year. I was suppose to join the Tay's for the traditional family celebration on the New Year (which I would have missed) but because Uncle Mike was going to be traveling he decided to do the dinner a week early. I went over for dinner (but not before texting Melissa to make sure there would be no durian). Uncle Mike (the traditional way of referring to family friends) was making Chili Crab, a favorite and unique Singaporean meal. Everything was very good. We sat around the table for a few hours eating and toasting one another. Afterward we caught a soccer match before I finally headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment